Monday, August 8, 2016

Reunion Christmas Swap

My husband's family is having a reunion this month. Because we are all not able to get together again this year, we are celebrating Christmas early with a Yankee Swap.

Everyone brings a wrapped present to swap. We draw numbers to see who picks a present first, second, third, and so on. After each person picks a present, they can swap or steal from the person who went before them. For example, if you have number 3, you can steal from number 1 or number 2 or keep your present. It is great fun! Some years the swapping gets pretty involved! You never know whose present you'll end up with!

Craft with Beth:Christmas Gift Bags Stampin' Up! Gift Bag Punch Board

For our presents, I made these gift bags with the new Christmas DSP and the Gift Bag Punch Board. These gift bags are the medium size and 8" long. The bags are tied with Crumb Cake satin ribbon. This ribbon just retired, however, you can substitute Very Vanilla satin ribbon.

I used the Layering Squares Framelits and Linen Thread to create the gift tags. On the left tag, I created a little winter scene with the Thoughtful Branches stamp set and the Peaceful Pines stamp set. I stamped Soft Sky snowflakes. I used Clear Wink of Stella to add sparkle to the snow bank.

On the right tag, I used the pine tree and present images from Peaceful Pines stamp set. On the reverse of the tag is the sentiment from the Peaceful Pines stamp set.

I have been working on my gift packaging skills this year. How did I do?

Thanks for stopping by!
Beth

2 comments:

  1. Awsome tags! Love the touch of glimmering snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! The Wink of Stella adds such a beautiful sparkle!

      Delete