Monday, August 22, 2016

You are in Our Thoughts

I created this thinking of you card for my cousin who is leaving for the Marines in a few days.

Craft with Beth: You are in My Thoughts Thoughtful Branches Sympathy Thinking of You Going to Boot Camp Card

My cousin is embarking on an incredibly strenuous, noble, and dangerous journey. While we are nervous, we are all so deeply proud of him! I wanted to start creating a series of cards to send him while he is in boot camp. I wanted to let him we support and love him.

I punched three clouds out of sticky notes with the top of the Tree Builder Punch and placed them randomly on a piece of Whisper White cardstock. The background is sponged with Soft Sky, leaving room for the grass underneath the tree.

I stamped the leaves directly onto the background with Wild Wasabi and then layered with Wild Wasabi leaves. I tied Crushed Curry baker's twine around the tree's trunk and placed a heart at the tree base.

Craft with Beth: You are in My Thoughts Thoughtful Branches Sympathy Thinking of You Going to Boot Camp Card

On the inside is stamped the pairing sentiment and a Wild Wasabi leaf. I kept the inside fairly simple with plenty of room for encouraging messages!

Thanks for stopping by!
Beth



Thoughtful Branches You are in My Thoughts Card for Cousin Card Project Supply List
Stamps
Thoughtful Branches
Paper
Whisper White
So Saffron
Wild Wasabi
Real Red
Ink
Wild Wasabi
Archival Basic Black
Soft Sky
Soft Suede
Embellishments
Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine
Tools
Stampin’ Trimmer
Bone Folder
Grid Paper
Stampin’ Mist Cleaner
Stampin’ Scrub
Stampin’ Pierce Mat
SNAIL Adhesive
Mini Glue Dots
Acrylic Blocks B, C, D, and G
Big Shot Machine
Beautiful Branches Thinlit Dies
Owl Builder Punch
Tree Builder Punch
Sticky Notes
1/16” Handheld Circle Punch
Precision Base Plate
Click here to start shopping!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment