Friday, April 15, 2022

How I Store Cardstock and Cardstock Scraps

I like to store my 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock in clear job ticket holders like Jennifer McGuire. I also like to keep my scraps with the full sheets of cardstock. 

 

Cardstock sheets in a clear job ticket holder
 

I found my job ticket holders at my local office supply store, but you can also find them online. I have used the regular thickness and the heavy duty thickness over the last several years. I find both thicknesses to be well-suited to holding a full pack of solid cardstock (24 sheets) as well as a full pack of Basic White cardstock (40 sheets) plus scraps. 

 

Storing my scraps with my full sheets of cardstock helps me

  • to remember what color that scraps are, 
  • to use the scraps on a more regular basis, and
  • to not feel as if I am wasting as much paper.

 

I save small and large scraps. I like to die cut and punch different shapes, especially for treat holders and for classes. So, it makes sense for me to save smaller pieces too. I allow myself a period of time to keep it to see if I use and then toss after that time period is up without judgment (but limited to only one job ticket holder per color of cardstock).

 

Once I have more scraps in the clear envelope than full sheets of cardstock, I re-evaluate what scraps I still have. 

 

empyting out the paper scraps from the job ticket holder


I take all of the scraps out of the job ticket holder and sort them. If I haven't used it and it is a smaller scrap, I will toss it. 


sorted paper scraps
 

Then I put a new pack of full sheets of cardstock into the job ticket holder, followed by the remaining scraps (if there are any, and sometimes there isn't).


clear job ticket holder refilled with cardstock sheets and scraps

Keeping scraps is a personal choice and even which scraps to keep can vary from crafter to crafter. What size(s) of scraps one keeps can range from teeny tiny to not having scraps smaller than 3" square. 

 

Your crafting style can help you determine which scraps you keep and which you toss. If you do a lot of small die cutting, it may be beneficial to keep smaller scraps. If you do a lot of larger sized cards and die cutting, it may be beneficial to keep more of the larger scraps. This can even change as your crafting style changes or the types of projects you are making changes. 

 

How do you store your cardstock? How do you feel about scraps? Do you keep scraps? If so, do you store them with your full sheets of cardstock or in a separate storage system? I would love to hear how you store your cardstock and scraps! Leave me a comment below!

 

Thanks for stopping by!

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment