Friday, April 6, 2018

Create a Spring Wreath Card

After I made the Bunny Treat Holders for OnStage, I thought they looked somewhat plain but cute. I considered adding some flowers inside the circle, but I decided to leave them as is. However, I had an idea to create an arrangement around the circle instead. You know I love a wreath!

Craft with Beth: Hello Easter Bunny Spring Wreath card Stampin Up Layering Circles Framelits

Since I accidentally stamped an extra Hello Spring circle and didn't want it to go waste, I decided to stamp a Soft Suede bunny above the greeting and add a scalloped circle behind it just to see what it looked like.

Happy with the bunny embellishment, I started to work on the wreath. I tested my wreath shape on a piece of scrap cardstock to make sure the leaf stamp would make a circular wreath.

Craft with Beth: Hello Easter Bunny Spring Wreath card Stampin Up Layering Circles Framelits

To ensure I stamped a circle, I traced the scalloped circle die cut with a pencil on a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Whisper White cardstock where I wanted the wreath to be. Then I proceeded to stamp the leaf stamp around the scalloped circle outline. Once I was satisfied with the wreath, I erased the pencil lines.

Craft with Beth: Hello Easter Bunny Spring Wreath card Stampin Up Layering Circles Framelits

On the inside, I stamped some of the flowers and circle images using the same color ink pads as on the card front. I am really pleased with how this card and the wreath turned out.

Have you used the Hello Easter stamp set to make a wreath? I would love to see what you create.

Thanks for stopping by!
Beth
Hello Spring Wreath Card Supply List
Stamps
#145783 Hello Easter (Photopolymer)
Paper
#100730 Whisper White Cardstock
#140272 Thick Whisper White Cardstock
#141416 Flirty Flamingo Cardstock
Ink
#141394 Flirty Flamingo Ink Pad
#144086 Lemon Lime Twist Ink Pad
#131181 Soft Sky Ink Pad
#126985 Wisteria Wonder Ink Pad
#126944 Daffodil Delight Ink Pad
#126978 Soft Suede Ink Pad
Embellishments
#104430 Dimensionals
#134583 1/8” Gold Ribbon
Tools
#143263 Big Show Machine
#126199 Stampin’ Pierce Mat
#141705 Layering Circles Framelits
#133782 2” Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment