Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Outdoor Barbecue Masculine Birthday Card

My husband grew up in Texas where beef is king of the meats in BBQ. Needless to say, he loves beef! I think he would eat it at every meal, even dessert! When I saw the Outdoor Barbecue stamp set in the January-June Mini Catalog, I knew this would be the stamp set that I would create all kinds of projects for my husband.

Craft with Beth: Stampin' Up! card Outdoor Barbecue BBQ masculine birthday card paper piecing stitched rectangle dies subtle embossing folder

This is the card that I created for my husband's birthday and was the first project that I thought of when I saw Outdoor Barbecue in the catalog! I imagined a grill that you could lift up the top to reveal a birthday message inside!

To achieve an operable grill lid, I knew it had to be stamped in multiple pieces. I first stamped the grill image onto Whisper White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and will act as the base for the operable grill lid.

Craft with Beth: Stampin' Up! card Outdoor Barbecue BBQ masculine birthday card paper piecing stitched rectangle dies subtle embossing folder

Then I stamped the grill image a second time onto Smoky Slate cardstock with Basic Gray ink. I cut out the top section of the grill with my paper snips. Then I cut the grill top in half horizontally to separate the bottom of the grill from the lid of the grill. I scored the top of the grill lid with my paper trimmer to create a hinge. I glued the hinge area right over top of the first grill. Next I glued the bottom of the grill over top of the bottom of the first grill.

I stamped the "holy smokes; it's your birthday" greeting onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and fussy cut it with my paper snips. You could mask the greeting or use your Stampin' Write Marker to ink half of the greeting at a time. However, the writing is so close that it very difficult to separate the lines of text.

The Poppy Parade gingham designer series paper, from the Brights Designer Series Paper Pack, adds to the cookout theme too.
 
Craft with Beth: Stampin' Up! card Outdoor Barbecue BBQ masculine birthday card paper piecing stitched rectangle dies subtle embossing folder

The ketchup bottle and the hamburger images are repeated on the inside of the card to connect the outside homemade designer series paper on the front. You could also draw in a plate with the Stampin' Blends underneath the hamburger or add a strip of the Poppy Parade gingham patterned paper below the stamped images to create a tablecloth look. How cute would that be!?

Craft with Beth: Stampin' Up! card Outdoor Barbecue BBQ masculine birthday card paper piecing stitched rectangle dies subtle embossing folder

Have you tried the Outdoor Barbecue stamp set in the January-June Mini Catalog yet? What stamps in this set are your favorites? I would love to see what you have created with the Outdoor Barbecue stamp set! Post a project photo on my Facebook Page today!

Thanks for stopping by!
Beth


Outdoor Barbecue Masculine Birthday Card
Stamps
#151553 Outdoor Barbecue (Cling-Mount)
Paper
#100730 Whisper White Cardstock
#111350 Pacific Point Cardstock
#131202 Smoky Slate Cardstock
#149613 Brights Designer Series Paper
Ink
#132708 Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
#149165 Basic Gray Ink Pad
#147113 Smoky Slate Ink Pad
#147115 Soft Suede Ink Pad
#147084 Real Red Ink Pad
#147273 Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack
#145058 Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack
#147274 Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends Combo Pack
#149555 Light So Saffron Stampin' Blend 
#147275 Poppy Parade Stampin' Blend Combo Pack
Embellishments
#104430 Dimensionals
#146282 Metallic Pearls
Tools
#152392 Stampin’ Trimmer
#102300 Bone Folder
#126200 Stampin’ Scrub
#102394 Stampin’ Mist
#103579 Paper Snips
#110755 Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
Corresponding Clear Acrylic Blocks
Die Cutting Machine
#148551 Stitched Rectangles Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment