Saturday, October 3, 2020

Happy World Cardmaking Day!

world cardmaking day 2020 banner graphic

Happy World Cardmaking Day! Today is a fantastic day to make and send cards to loved ones! Choose your favorite stamp sets, designer series papers, and embellishments and create a card for an upcoming occasion or to send a special message to a favorite friend.

Craft with Beth: Free as a Bird BIrd Ballad stamp set designer series paper DSP friendship card

Fun folds are some of my favorite ways to make cards! I love the way fun folds are constructed and how they open differently than regular cards. I also like that fun folds have a layout already designed for you, but you can still add your own touch by choosing the color palette, the papers, the stamps, and the embellishments. Sometimes, deciding on a layout is the most difficult part of creating a card.

This Whale Done tower card came together quickly. I added a label die cut to the front of the card with a stamped underwater scene and whale punch.

Craft with Beth: tower fun fold card congratulations congratulatory whale done whale of a time stamp set designer series paper

Techniques are a great ways to expand and grow your stamping skills. It also helps see new possibilities, creative options, and layouts. Sponging techniques are some of my favorite ways to incorporate color and dimension to my cards like this birthday sliding puzzle card below!

Craft with Beth: slide puzzle birthday card technique

Whether you are creating new cards, finishing cards in progress, or trying a new technique,  I hope you are having a fun-filled day of making and sending cards to family and friends!

I would love to see what you created for World Cardmaking Day! Email me a photo of your cards to craftwithbeth @ gmail.com. I would love to feature your card in one of my upcoming newsletters!

Happy Stamping!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment