Thursday, February 11, 2016

Birthday Baker's Box

One of my goals this year is to become better at gift packaging. I can do it, but I am not consistent. Sometimes, I make a plain box and tie a plain ribbon around it. Sometimes, I go all out with bows, embossing, and stamps. Other times, there is no decoration at all, not even a ribbon. Yikes! This year I am determined to make a serious effort!

My sister-in-law's birthday is in February. What a great opportunity to work on my goal! I bought her a small heart shaped necklace. Shhh...Don't tell! The Baker's Box Thinlits are perfect for smaller presents!


I used Very Vanilla cardstock as a base. Instead of cutting the handle, I used a clothespin to keep the top closed. Then I layered stamps from the Butterfly Basics stamp set on all sides. For the flower image, I used Stampin' Write Markers in Melon Mambo and Old Olive instead of an ink pad to get a two color image. It is difficult to tell from the photo, but I also added some Clear Wink of Stella to the flower petals. The leaves on the sides are stamped with Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive.


 Finally, I attached a cute birthday sentiment tag and a bow. I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla cardstock. Venetian Crochet Trim peaks out from underneath the sentiment. A Very Vintage Button echoes the style of the crochet trim and adds more dimension. A length of Burlap Ribbon with banner tails completes the tag.



The bow is made of Tip Top Taupe Dotted Lace Trim. I absolutely adore the 2015-2017 In Colors Dotted Lace Trim! It would also look fantastic as a border on card fronts.

I think this gift packaging is a success!

UPDATE: I added a few pearls and some antennae to the butterfly


Thanks for stopping by!
Beth

The products used in this post are:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment