Friday, July 8, 2016

Owl Punch Card Stamping Session

My mom and I had an impromptu stamping session to make punch art cats with the Owl Builder Punch after seeing a few examples on Pinterest. The Owl Builder Punch is extraordinarily versatile! I have seen all kinds of animals, people, and shapes made with this punch including moose, deer, bats, Frankenstein's monster, mice, mummies, Dracula, and more! Here are the cards we came up with!

Craft with Beth: Cat Punch Art Owl Builder Punch Mom's Birthday Card

This is my mom's card. She made a birthday card with three cats sitting on a wall. Aren't they darling? We love the Brick Wall Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF), so we had to include it! The Designer Series Paper (DSP) in the background is It's My Party DSP from the 2016 Occasions catalog. This was an enormous pack of festive DSP! We both have used this DSP for numerous birthday cards and banners throughout the spring and have barely made a dent in it! Love it!

The Party Time sentiment comes from the new Oh, Happy Day! Kit. This is an amazing all inclusive kit the make 20 cards with matching envelopes. This was the kit that I was able to preview at On Stage in April. I love the bright colors and floral images.

Craft with Beth: Cat Punch Art Owl Builder Punch Mom's Birthday Card

The inside of my mom's card features the Party Wishes stamp set, which sadly, did not carry over into the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. However, this is one stamp set I am not giving away. I loved the It's My Party product suite!

Craft with Beth: Cat Punch Art Owl Builder Punch My thinking of you Card

This is my first cat card. I liked the idea of the cats sitting on the wall too! I sponged Crumb Cake ink over Sahara Sand cardstock to enhance the mortar. I used the tree top shape from the Tree Builder  Punch to make the cloud masks and then sponged Soft Sky over the background. The sentiment comes from Sheltering Tree. The DSP is Perfectly Artistic from this year's Sale-A-Bration. The marbled effect reminds me of striped fur. I left the inside of the card blank for a handwritten message.

Craft with Beth: Cat Punch Art Owl Builder Punch My Christmas Card

This is my second cat card. It is never too early to start working on Christmas cards! This gray cat reminds me of my own gray tabby! I can imagine her waiting patiently for her presents. I punched a 1-3/4" circle out of sticky notes to create the moon mask. Then I lightly sponged Night of Navy in a circular motion to make the night sky. I cut a triangle and punched flowers from the Tree Builder Punch to create the Santa hat. The stamped images on the front and on the inside come from the Cosy Christmas stamp set from the 2015-2016 Holiday catalog. The DSP is the new This Christmas DSP.

Craft with Beth: Cat Punch Art Owl Builder Punch My Christmas Card

What animals or shapes have you made with the Owl Builder Punch? I would love to see what you make!

Thanks for stopping by!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment