Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Sweet Solitary Succulent

This sweet, solitary succulent looks so realistic! It is made using the Succulent Framelits, ink, and sponge daubers!

Craft with Beth: Oh So Succulent Succulent Framelits home decor 3D

I die cut 2 medium layers, 1 small layer, and 1 tiny layer from Pear Pizzazz cardstock. Then I sponged each layer with Pear Pizzazz and Always Artichoke ink to create depth.


I worked on the inside of the layers first. I sponged the ends of the leaves with Pear Pizzazz ink using a sponge dauber. A sponge dauber gave me more control in a smaller area and less texture than a yellow sponge.

Then I sponged a heavy layer of Always Artichoke ink around the edges.

Finally, I daubed Whisper White Craft ink in the center of the tiny and the small layers.


Once all of the layers were dry, I repeated the Pear Pizzazz and Always Artichoke sponging on the outside of the layers since both sides of the succulent would be visible in the jar.

I let the layers dry for a few moments before carefully, burnishing the leaves with the bone folder and adhering the layers together. I next held the succulent in my palm and slightly crumbled the layers, so that they would hold their shape even more.


Lastly, I placed the succulent inside the jar. I bought this jar already filled with the faux dirt on clearance at a local craft store, but you could also fill a small jar with potting soil (or other dirt that has been sterilized).

Have you tried creating your own succulents? I would love to see what you make!

Thanks for stopping by!
Beth

Sweet, Solitary Succulent Home Décor Supply List
Stamps

Paper
#131201 Pear Pizzazz
Ink
#131180 Pear Pizzazz
#126972 Always Artichoke
#101731 Whisper White Craft
Embellishments

Tools
#142757 Succulent Framelits
#133773 Sponge Daubers
#143263 Big Shot
Small Glass Jar with Faux Dirt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment