Monday, November 13, 2017

Sentimental Delightful Daisy Grapevine Wreath

One of my favorite bundles in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog is the Daisy Delight Bundle. Not only is this an adorable, versatile bundle, but it is also one of my favorites because it reminds me of my grandmother. Her nickname was Daisy because she was always fresh as a daisy. She enjoyed getting ready and dressed up for all kinds of occasions and parties.

Craft with Beth: Daisy Delight Bundle Wreath Daisy Punch Stampin Up Home Decor 3D Grape Vine Wreath

I created this wreath for my catalog launch party in the summer. Wreaths are a huge part of the decor in my home. They add a lot of color, texture, and dimension. I also like that they convey the time of the year. Don't tell my husband, but I think I have about fifteen wreaths that I rotate throughout the seasons. Mums the word!

I think of my grandmother whenever I plan my catalog launch parties and luncheons. She would have loved a good menu planing, decorating the house, and spending time with her guests!

What better way to honor and to remember her than with a daisy wreath that I can see each day.

Craft with Beth: Daisy Delight Bundle Wreath Daisy Punch Stampin Up Home Decor 3D Grape Vine Wreath

The base is a grape vine wreath from a local craft store. My wreath came with a lot of dried grape leaves intertwined with the vines. I had bits of leaves falling everywhere when I brought it home, so I went outside and removed as many of the leaves as I could by hand and with a chop stick.

I chose a grape vine as the base because I like the texture and it reminds me of my grandfather. He used to have an enormous garden in their backyard that included grapes. He would make his own grape vine wreaths from his own grape vines after the harvest season.

To maximum each sheet of cardstock, I tried to fit as many stamped daisies as I could on each sheet of cardstock. One 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of cardstock can fit 12 stamped daisies. I first stamped the top row. Then I stamped the bottom row. Lastly, I stamped the center row.

Craft with Beth: Daisy Delight Bundle Wreath Daisy Punch Stampin Up Home Decor 3D Grape Vine Wreath how to fit 12 stamped daisies on one sheet of cardstock

The daisies are attached using a low temperature glue gun.

The color palette is summery yet transitional to fall. The flowers are made with Whisper White, Crushed Curry, and Crumb Cake cardstock. The centers are Gold Faceted Gems, Early Espresso ink on Whisper White cardstock, Early Espresso ink on Soft Suede cardstock, or Daffodil Delight ink sponged in the daisy's center.

Craft with Beth: Daisy Delight Bundle Wreath Daisy Punch Stampin Up Home Decor 3D Grape Vine Wreath

This wreath came together in about an hour. This would be a great afternoon project to spruce up any space. I think this wreath would look amazing in purples, oranges, and reds for a late autumn look or even pastels for Easter. I hung my wreath with a removable hook, but you could hang it with a wide ribbon and a bow. The burlap ribbon would be gorgeous or even the navy gingham ribbon!

I hope you give this sweet daisy wreath a try. How would you decorate your wreath? I would love to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by!
Beth


Sentimental Delightful Daisy Wreath Project Supply List
Stamps
#145361 Daisy Delight Bundle
Paper
#131199 Crushed Curry
#120953 Crumb Cake
#115318 Soft Suede
#100730 Whisper White
Ink
#126974 Early Espresso
#126944 Daffodil Delight
Embellishments
#144141 Gold Faceted Gems
Tools
#133773 Sponge Dauber
Low Temperature Glue Gun
Low Temperature Glue Sticks for the Glue Gun
Grape Vine Wreath
Chop Stick
 

No comments:

Post a Comment