Friday, November 4, 2022

Make your Thanksgiving Extra Special with these Festive Treat Boxes

Today's Thanksgiving treat boxes were inspired by a project shared by fellow demonstrator Julie DeMatteo. Julie shared a treat box that she modified from fellow demonstrator Katja Hamann. Julie resized Katja's original box to fit a Reese's peanut butter egg. I am using Julie's resized box measurements for my Thanksgiving treat box.

Thanksgiving rectangular treat boxes. the ends of the boxes are bent at slight angles to give a cinched appearance. Thanksgiving, treat holder, box, gift packaging, Painted Pheasant, 3D


I enjoy creating and making different shaped treat holders. When I saw both Julie's and Katja's boxes, I thought that the shape and construction was very intriguing. I had to try it!

I made two treat boxes right away! I decorated both treat boxes with the leaves stamp from the Painted Pheasant stamp set and Rich Razzleberry ink.

I die cut the small label from the Seasonal Dies and a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. The Happy Thanksgiving greeting is stamped in the center with Rich Razzleberry ink. The grassy reeds are stamped with Crumb Cake ink with full strength ink and stamped off strength ink.

On one of the boxes I wrapped linen thread and added a box to the top of the greeting. On the other box I added 3 amber gems to the right of the greeting and the grassy reeds.


Thanksgiving rectangular treat boxes. the ends of the boxes are bent at slight angles to give a cinched appearance. Thanksgiving, treat holder, box, gift packaging, Painted Pheasant, 3D


Below are the measurements and the supply list for my Thankgiving treat boxes. If you need supplies to recreate these treat boxes, please, shop my online store HERE.


Measurements

  • Treat Holder Base: 6-1/4" x 5-3/8"; scored on the 6-1/4" side at 5/8", 1-5/8", 4-5/8"; scored on the 5-3/8" side at 3/4", 2-1/2", 3-1/4", and 5"; scored on the 5-3/8" side only down to the 1st horizontal score line at 3/8" and 2-7/8" (flip the cardstock to score on the opposite side)
  • Greeting Label: 2" x 3" (Very Vanilla Cardstock)


Supplies

Stamps
#159846 Painted Pheasant Stamp Set

Paper
#119684 Cajun Craze Cardstock
#101650 Very Vanilla Cardstock

Ink
#147091 Rich Razzleberry Ink Pad
#147116 Crumb Cake Ink Pad

Embellishments
#159969 Leaf Label and Amber Gems Combo Pack
#104199 Linen Thread
#104430 Dimensionals

Tools
#156299 Seasonal Label Dies
#122334 Simply Scored Scoring Tool
#110755 Multipurpose Liquid Glue
#102300 Bone Folder
#103579 Paper Snips
#130148 Grid Paper
#152392 Paper Trimmer
#149653 Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
#126200 Stampin' Scrub
#153648 Stampin' Mist Cleaner
#117147 Clear Block B
#118490 Clear Block H
1/2" Circle Punch
Corner Rounder Punch


I hope you enjoyed today's Thanksgiving treat boxes and give them a try! You can also put other treats in this box, including other types of chocolate or candy, small gifts, puzzle pieces, and more! What will you put in your treat boxes?

I would love to see what treat boxes you make! Post your treat box photos on social media and be sure to tag me with #craftwithbeth. I can't wait to see what you create!

If you need supplies to make these boxes, please, shop my online store HERE.

If you have any questions about today's project, please, don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks for stopping by!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment